Old Macs -> USB adapters?

kafene

Registered
I have an old Powerbook (3400C) w/ a 2GB internal drive I'd like to use to download pictures into from my digital camera.

Does anyone know if you can get an ADB port to USB adapter for a computer that old?

kafene.

What media does your camera use?

My camera uses compactflash and I have a PC card adapter that I use with my old 5300c on the road - came with my Lexar Media combo reader (compactflash & smartmedia) - but you can buy them separately.

That way you don't have to have a SERIAL to USB adapter (and use the batteries on your camera).

Originally posted by arden
There's this, but it goes the wrong way for your purposes and ADB is slow to start with. I suggest getting a PC card, either USB 1 or USB 2.

If GraphicUmp got one for his 5300C, it'll probably work w/ a 3500c.

GraphicUmp, would you happen to know the brand? I'm hoping it's not hard finding a driver that'll work w/ OS 8.6.

kafene.

If your camera has a removable medium, then use a reader with your cards (digital film, you could say). If it doesn't, go with one of the PC cards I suggested.

I don't use an USB adapter - I use the PC Card compactflash adapter that came with the USB Lexar Media card reader I use on my B&W - I got the package (refurbished) from www.livewarehouse.com for about $9.

I use the PC Card compactflash adapter on the 5300c which is running 8.1 - no drivers necessary, it just sees it as a removable hard drive.

PS- I'm not a him :eek:

Back