Me wearing watch with macosx.com behind:
attachment.php

Me wearing watch:
attachment.php

Me holding watch up to screen:
attachment.php

OMG…

Where's the little "rolling eyes" smiley? :D

Oh mercy... what happened to the good old days when a watch was a watch, not some token to say "OMG I'M SPECIAL LOL"? Same goes for phones, I have a nice phone, great features, yet it'll last me about a day without actually using it for calls... quite bad... as a phone, but that's another topic.

I'm sorry if I'm hostile but I just get irritated easily when people do this. Don't worry, my family's not poor, my dad earns at least £200,000 post-tax annually without private fees (he's a Dr), but he doesn't buy me £3000 watches. For my 18th I got nothing, but I do prefer it that way anyway. I'm gonna side with Jehovah here, I don't really like the idea of just buying people things for their birthday. I'd rather have someone do something that meant something to them, if anything, for my birthday.

The bottom line is that I hope you've had fun showing off your watch. I think it's fair to say that that is what you were doing... I don't think I would have been compelled to post a topic about watches when I purchased my Timex.

Showing off is something we all do, I'm sure, and mostly it's a bad habit. It's worse when you didn't work one bit for the thing you're showing off though.

Real story behind Kinetic movement:

The rotor inside the watch (generator) actually charges a capacitor according to Seiko. The capacitor used in the watch has the equivalent surface area of something several times it's size. This is done through etching millions of microscopic holes in the capacitor's membrane.

Think of this, if you could do this on a bigger scale, you could make one hell of a Tesla Coil! Allthough, I don't think the neighbors would like you much after firing it up.

I was going to send this via pm, but decided to post it to the thread instead:

Hey dude, sorry if i have been less than polite to you - i thought about it and decided you are actually pretty cool even if you are very young (grin).

So, please accept my sincere apology. The watch you got is damn nice and i think it is great that you got it for a birthday gift.

Be sure to take very good care of it!

I think Convert would like a receipt for that watch so he could return it. lol
I understand some of you are on budgets and $2000+ is unreasonable for a watch but this is a gift for someone. Consider your first macintosh. You probably didn't pay for it (unless you got in later in the game, were an adult when it came out, ran a wicked lemonade stand) and you spent hours in front of it. Maybe not a good comparison? But a gift nonetheless.

Hey wow, that picture of you is actually exactly how I pictured you to look! It's incredibly interesting how stereotypes are generally correct to some degree... but then again, maybe that's just the psychologist in me :).

I do appologize for flying off the handle. I guess it's just tough to be fairly well-off, working for what you earn and have something like this crammed into your cerebrum. Nice watch, but man, I wouldn't have accepted such a gift.

(Just on a large, pulsating topic that I know everybody is wondering: What do your parents do for a living?)

I was going to send this via pm, but decided to post it to the thread instead:

Hey dude, sorry if i have been less than polite to you - i thought about it and decided you are actually pretty cool even if you are very young (grin).

So, please accept my sincere apology. The watch you got is damn nice and i think it is great that you got it for a birthday gift.

Be sure to take very good care of it!

Hey, Thanks
I will guard it with my life.

Hey wow, that picture of you is actually exactly how I pictured you to look! It's incredibly interesting how stereotypes are generally correct to some degree... but then again, maybe that's just the psychologist in me :).

I do appologize for flying off the handle. I guess it's just tough to be fairly well-off, working for what you earn and have something like this crammed into your cerebrum. Nice watch, but man, I wouldn't have accepted such a gift.

(Just on a large, pulsating topic that I know everybody is wondering: What do your parents do for a living?)

Why Wouldn't you accept the gift?

My Dad: Area51IT Co-Director
My Mum: Fitness Instructor
My Step Dad: owner of The Notleys Golf Club
My Step Mum: Nurse

Nice watch. I would advise not taking it near large lakes. I had a bad experience.

I'll bet your watch doesn't have a Memo mode, though! (kidding..)
image.tmx

Real story behind Kinetic movement:

The rotor inside the watch (generator) actually charges a capacitor according to Seiko. The capacitor used in the watch has the equivalent surface area of something several times it's size. This is done through etching millions of microscopic holes in the capacitor's membrane.

My Seiko is having some problems, it ticks 2 seconds (one,two,pause,one,two,pause,etc.) at a time now. And it doesn't "remember" the time when I "re-wind" it. Do you think the capacitor has gone bad?

My Seiko is having some problems, it ticks 2 seconds (one,two,pause,one,two,pause,etc.) at a time now. And it doesn't "remember" the time when I "re-wind" it. Do you think the capacitor has gone bad?

Cant you send it back to seiko?

Here's my watch! It's a Citizen Eco-drive. It's operated by sunlight(yay!).
(I don't know what the problem with the camera is, but it seems to be impossible to get good macro pics.. I did use 2seconds delay between the button press and shooting, but it got blurred anyway..)

Attachments

• IMG_2981.jpg
    IMG_2981.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2986.jpg
    IMG_2986.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 5
I mean really,
Do we really care about a super-duper watches? A time piece, what. If it doesn't do windows and go down five fathoms or show Greenwhich Mean Time in Cameroon do we really find interest in such an object? If so, why? It's like cell phones. Let us consume and get the latest gadget. Price is no object.
I bought a new watch in 1981 and it still works fine and yes...it still tells the correct time. Amazing.
Indeed..."not what I wish to be."

In swedish show-your-stuff-threads, everyone smiles and posts pics of their stuff. There's almost never any discussions about how important they actually are.. I thought it was the same here ;)

Well, I'm sorry then.

Back