Omega Watches?

Hey Bluefish,

What time is it? I don't need the weather nor a movie or the latest music tune. Just the time. Thanks.

I think Convert would like a receipt for that watch so he could return it. lol
I understand some of you are on budgets and $2000+ is unreasonable for a watch but this is a gift for someone. Consider your first macintosh. You probably didn't pay for it (unless you got in later in the game, were an adult when it came out, ran a wicked lemonade stand) and you spent hours in front of it. Maybe not a good comparison? But a gift nonetheless.

What, for my watch? Nope. I don't know what information you based that conclusion upon, but if that's how you go about forming conclusions, then good luck to ya! :p

It's not about budget. My dad could go out and buy me a £5,000 watch for my birthday if he wanted to, but I wouldn't accept it - regardless of my age at the time - because I think it's a horrible waste. In all respect that comparison is a good one yet a bad one. Good in the aspect that we're posting on a macintosh site, thus we can all probably relate, but bad because the uses of a macintosh and a watch are totally different (except in the eyes of Windows fanboys :p). I'd feel a lot happier spending £800 on a new macbook (as I did) than on a watch. And in all respect to anyone who would be so kind, I would rather have an £800 laptop compared to an £800 watch as a gift. It's also much easier to lose a watch.

To be honest, my problem - if anything - is that the original poster basically made this thread to show off his watch. What is worse is that it was a gift, if someone had actually worked hard to pay for it, I'd be more lenient. I've seen his other threads, and he's lucky for his background, in a sense (except for the step dad/mum issue, however it came to that, I doubt that he is happy about it), but I hope that whatever his age he grows up. I don't mean that in an insulting fashion, but I mean that I hope he learns at the right time when to dig into his own pocket, because I see some trouble there.

Here's my watch! It's a Citizen Eco-drive. It's operated by sunlight(yay!).
(I don't know what the problem with the camera is, but it seems to be impossible to get good macro pics.. I did use 2seconds delay between the button press and shooting, but it got blurred anyway..)

Nice watch, not for me, but still, it's nice. I like the solar power idea, that's pretty efficient.

I'm no expert on cameras but the blur looks rather minimal, perhaps it is simply a fault of a not-so-steady hand (I'm guilty). I don't know what camera you have, but on my camera, you have to be a certain distance (i.e. not too close, not too far) and there is usually a red rectangle in the centre that turns green after holding the button down, and when it turns green, I take the picture and it's usually fine.

Bluefish,

How about the latest video clips? Or what's cooking with Tom Cruise? If not.....
then chuck it!

Just kidding.

It's ten to ten here.

Back