OMG! Apple acquires Emagic!!!!!!

lonny

Fearless Thinker
Sorry themacko, I know you posted it first, but i just thought it needed more emphasis!

http://www.emagic.de/english/news/index.html

Emagic produces Logic, the n.1 music production package, used by thousands of professionals!!!

This is the greates news since the announcement of OSX!
Can't believe it's happening! Soooooo excited!!!!!

edit: Logic for windose discontinued by September the 30th!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!

I've been looking into other forum sites.

EVEN PC USERS ARE EXCITED ABOUT THIS!

I think this is one of the most important moves Apple has made in recent years. Music making programs still aren't reliable as they shold be. Logic is universally recognized as the best platform around.

But a Mac with iMusic, iAudio or whatever Logic will be called, and fully optimized for our hardware is going to be the most desirable audio editing platform ever.

I think there will be thousands of PC users converting to the Mac as a consequence of this.
Forget about iPods, this is the way to do it!

It's all good. I'm glad they did this because I know there are a lot of audio people out there that wanted Apple to do something like this. It's going to be VERY interested what they do with all this technology they've bought up over the past 6 months.

wow... this is serious.

i was thinking that apple needed to acquire either these guys or digidesign. nice to see that they are entering that market. maybe now OSX will finally get some audio apps. ;)

anyone notice how apple has been buying up a lot of stuff?:D they're going to make a new mac (G5?) that is going to out perform anything we have ever seen
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

The iPDA

Many agree that this is the best invention since the iPod. It handles your contacts, and even has a wireless connection with an AirPort card!

:rolleyes:

This is bad. While I use a Mac and Logic Gold myself, I am saddened by this. A less heterogenic sequencer market will be the result, which is catastrophic, since the next largest one is Cubase, which is, in my opinion, not very good. What a loss for Windows users (Emagic have been forced (of course) to discontinue the Win32 version).

This is probably a not very friendly takeover -- I can see no Emagic quotes in the press release. Very indicative.

Hopefully this won't cause Logic to be dumbed down -- this would be very, very bad for hundreds of thousands musicians all over the world.

Secondly, I don't see the logic in Apple's purchase. The market for professional level sequencers is not very large. I wonder if they only intend on rebranding Logic, or create something new...?

I would like to hope that a big result of this purchase will be a strenthing of CoreAudio.

I would exect to see an iApp made out of this, as well as a FCP level audio app. This could be very good for us as Mac users, but only time will tell the effects on the Sequencer market in general.

Originally posted by satanicpoptart
i say an adobe/apple merger... thats just me...
Adobe is too big for apple to jsut take over but adobe may start producing apps just for mac

oh and Chibi don't forget Pixar :p

There's a huge market out there for music production apps.
Everyone can record his/her own music now, and a lot of people want to do it.
Just like videos. You don't want to pay a pro for your wedding video if you have a camcorder. Same goes with audio. No need to book an expensive studio.

This is Apple wisest move in a very long time! Plus, there are already other 3 BIG names out there: Cubase , Digital Performer and ProTools. Competition is not going to die on our platform.

Originally posted by Chibi15
Apple - Who’s next?

:D

You forgot Focal Point Systems, Inc. (makers of FilmLogic which was rebranded as Cinema Tools, acquired by Apple in April 2001), and Zayante, a leading FireWire developer.

Nice desktop pic, though. :D

I didn't realize this eMagic acquisition was that important, though. I wholly welcome the changes to CoreAudio that this will no doubt bring, but I didn't realize this was more important than the other acquisitions of say, Nothing Real.

Back