OmniWeb 4.1 Final

What the #^#@ were they thinking?

The new Icon blows chunks. The Icon for the 4.1 beta and sneakypeaks rocked, and now they replace it with this abomination?

One step forward, two steps back seems to be the process with OW....

I think pressure from Apple forced the Icon change since it suppossedly looked too much like the Internet globe in the System prefs.

Originally posted by Drizzt
I think pressure from Apple forced the Icon change since it suppossedly looked too much like the Internet globe in the System prefs.
Correct.

Scott and Rick have confirmed this at both ArsTechnica and MacNN.

Better yet, just save the icon from your current OmniWeb beta and use that. Much better now. :)

Am I the only one who really doesnt give a flip about an icon??

How about the *browser* guys??

Guess ill have to download :)

I'm still having the problem with background images. See below. I've checked all the preferences. They are all set to default.

OWvsCHIM.jpg

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem. OW is unusable.

Originally posted by gibbs
Am I the only one who really doesnt give a flip about an icon??

How about the *browser* guys??

Guess ill have to download :)

Javascript support still sucks. Otherwise, see for yourself.

Originally posted by mailseth
So it is hosted for the next few hours here:
http://144.92.33.99/temp/OmniWeb-4.1-English.dmg

thanks for hosting this! saved me the hassle of visiting VT. ;)

dunno what the fuss about the new icon is either. i like this new one. sure the old one was more "aqua" but...change is good sometimes.
other then the icon and the splash screen, i haven't seen much difference so far. but i rarely use OW anyways...it's beautiful but slow in general, and no tabbed browsing = less productivity on the web for me.

still no iFrame support either...bah. what is their problem with this? all the other major browsers support iFrames, why not OW? and it's not like it's a new problem, people have been crowing about this for a long time now. what gives?

Why didn't they just make it quicksilver grey with the old icon!!! Would've kept Apple happy!

Good point Shifting about the iframe support, I plan on never using frames again after discovering lovely iframes, but this'll render my sites usless in Omni!

Any ideas on how I can fix this problem. OW is unusable.

try going in and playing with your prefs. it's the only way to get any browser to work it's best. anybody who judges a browser based upon its default settings is missing out on all the best features. I think that's one reason i like icab so much - so many prefs that it takes days to figure them all out. and OW has lots of them and they are the most organized of any.

the biggest thing i can tell you about your screen shot is that i don't get that with my OW !!!:D

yes, backgrounds work fine for me, too... :)

about that icon. the ow-mailing list is full of 'eeks', too. i personally hate that new icon, too. because when you look at it closely, you see that it's mainly just a greenish hack (a bad one) upon the old icon. it looks terrible. my guess: it'll be replaced very, very soon. Mr. icons.cx is working for Omni anyway, I believe.

Back