One and a half problems..

RPS

Registered
1. I just saw that Quicktime 6.0 was available for download, and here's what I did: I threw away everything of the quicktime folder, to save space and make it easier to get rid of the older and unused versions. Now I downloaded the 6 installer, and it says "cannot install cause it needs a system folder on the destination disk". But there is a system folder there. Anyway, I tried downloading 4 and 5, but I get the same problem. So now I don't have quicktime anymore and I have no way of getting it. This doesn't matter me that much, since I rarely use it, but now I can't open iTunes or ICQ! That's why I really want quicktime back.

1.5. I have the icons on my desktop set to snap-to-grid, and it always worked. But since a few days, it acts weird. Normally, they're close to eachother, and now, when I set to snap-to-grid, there is 2 inches between every icon, it bothers me.

Any help on these?

Wow this thread is a bit old.. anyway, I have Quicktime back, but the problem with the icons is still unsolved..

its either in ''edit:preferences" in the finder or view options, in something...
I haven't used classic in a long time...

TomeViewer may allow you to manually extract the QuickTime files that go into your system folder. If that works, I would then recommend running the installer again to make sure everything goes where it needs to go. But if you extract the core QuickTime components, you should be able to at least get the installer going.

good luck!

Back