One-way video chat from PC to mac?

rosiegirl8

Registered
we currently have ichat on our mac, but no video camera or isight. my daughter has a PC with a digital video camera that she wants to use as a webcam so we can see them.

i see that it's possible to have a one-way video chat from the mac to the PC with an isight attached to the mac or a two-way video chat with cameras attached to both computers, but do you know if it's possible for her to use her camera and AIM to have a one-way video chat with us and our ichat (without a camera attached)?

thanks!

i think the new yahoo messenger should do everything you need but you will have to set up an account.

yes my ex girlfriend uses a pc and she had a webcam....we usually chatted on AOL Instant Messenger, but one day she wanted to give me a strip show so I download Yahoo messenger & created an account...everything worked fine

goodluck!

thanks!

so, you think if i download the yahoo messenger, my daughter can have a video camera hooked up to her PC and i won't need one on my mac at all?

sounds good!

quick follow-up:

i downloaded the yahoo messenger and all i could see was a black screen. according to yahoo, they don't support digital video cameras on my daughter's end of things. does anyone know a way around this?

Back