OpenDirectory.

Caledai

Registered
Hi All.

I have a panther server running Open Directory and around 50 panther clients connecting to it.

The problem I have is that one client, it was previously two, cannot connect to Open Directory regardless of what I do. It doesn't even show Other in the logon screen, and changing it to requiring both the username/password has no effect.

To Date I have.

Reset the PRam.
Removed all LDAP, Authentication, Contacts tabs, and also removed the DirectoryServices folder.
Created a new account on the computer locally
Repaired the Permissions
Run the filesystem check in Single User Mode.
Confirmed that the computer has network connectivity - and has an IP, and is able to connect to the machine which is the Open Directory Master.
Manually entered the FQDN of the Open Directory Master into LDAP, and then Selected the path in Authentication

All of this to no avail.

Any Ideas?
Edit:
I have just looked at the machine again, it seems to be correctly bound and when logging in with a local user account which is also in open directory it prompts for which group I would log into and gets the preferences, including one group which was created after this issue first started occuring.

I also created a hidden administrator on the machine, hid it via NetInfo and added it to the HiddenUsers array in the com.apple.loginwindow.plist which should by rights, force the login window to provide the 'Other' option - this does not occur.

From this I can assume that the issue itself does not lie with Open Directory, but within the Login Window itself.

Edit:
BTW - Can this be moved to servers by staff as I didn't see that section prior to posting.

Back