OpenGl full screen mode please

maccatalan

Registered
Hi.

I would like to play Tony Hawk's Pro Skater or Lara Croft on my iMac Rev B 233.
Where's to problem ? They can't "create a openGl connection".
When I launch OpenGl Info utility from the AppleDev Tool, it tells me that my CPU can't work in full screen mode. But as Carmageddon & LaraCroft and a lot of others games can show it : Mac OS Classic so my CPU can run in full screen mode.

So where's the problem ?
Can you help me please ?

Thank you.

I know some Carbonized programs/games that use OpenGL have problems with full screen under X with OpenGL..

Are you trying to run the game in Classic mode? Tony Hawk's Pro Skater may be a Cocoa app, which is why you can't run it under Classic mode. The other games may be carbonized which gives you the choice to run it under X or 9.

Not sure if this is exactly the case or the answer you're looking for, but it's my best guess.

Are you running Mac OS X with your rev B iMac?
As far as i know, there is no support for the RagePro:s in those iMacs under OS X. Im on a rev D (i think), which goes with the RagePro aswell, and i cant do anything OpenGL.

Correct me if im wrong.

OS X does NOT contain WORKING Open GL Hardware drivers for the ATI Rage Pro or Rage II chipsets. Working drivers include the ATI Rage 129 and nVidea chipsets/cards. iMac Rev A & B = Rage II. Rev C & D = Rage Pro. The drivers are IN OS X 10.1.1 but not activated. Having activated them, there are SERIOUS problems with the drivers that will result in continual Kernel Panics. There is no indication from Apple as to when this will be taken care of. They told Developers that it would be working with 10.1.1 - obviously it's not...

Back