OpenOffice.org port of StarOffice

hyph-n

Registered
I'm a big fan of StarOffice....& i know that OpenOffice [http://www.openoffice.org] are now developing it on a Open Source basis.... i'm currently in the process of downloading the windoze build so that i can use it @ work... but...

... on the openoffice site, they give instructions on how to build it for MacOSX..

... i would *love* to do this... but before i download a whole wad of source & spend 5 hours compiling it....

*has anyone tried this?*

I don't think the port's done. It's only some of the infrastructure stuff that's ported, so you won't actually get to see anything if you did compile it.

-Rob

yeah - i agree [having read the small print...]

- tut -

oh well.... - different question then... does n e 1 know of a NON-Micro$oft spreadsheet & word processor product....?

Originally posted by hyph-n
yeah - i agree [having read the small print...]

- tut -

oh well.... - different question then... does n e 1 know of a NON-Micro$oft spreadsheet & word processor product....?

AppleWorks 6.2 is an excellent all-in-one app, and it's completely functional and stable. Granted, it may not have some of the high-end features of Office, but then, that's what Office is for. Speaking of which, what do you have against MS products? Office 2001 for Mac is quite a good product, and having played with the beta of Office 10, I have to say I like it as well.

Back