Openoffice to cocoa

VGZ

Registered
Anyone have any idea how difficult it would be to port Open Office (staroffice) to cocoa. The biggest complaint I have heard about staroffice is the interface but I think if it were ported using cocoa we could make a decent interface. I would be willing to help if I can w/ the interface and coding.

Anyone interested?

Porting something to Cocoa will not improve the interface.

Sun is already supposedly porting OpenOffice, although I'm not optimistic about the results. I asked one of the developers an HI question and didn't get a responce, I suspect because it'll suck ass.

Also I doubt I will **EVER** use a Cocoa word processor so long it persists to use windows-style text selection which is to say selecting a line of text will select the carriage return at the end.

Of course we still have Nisus.

Originally posted by strobe
Porting something to Cocoa will not improve the interface.

Sun is already supposedly porting OpenOffice, although I'm not optimistic about the results. I asked one of the developers an HI question and didn't get a responce, I suspect because it'll suck ass.

Also I doubt I will **EVER** use a Cocoa word processor so long it persists to use windows-style text selection which is to say selecting a line of text will select the carriage return at the end.

Of course we still have Nisus.

I meant that we could use Interface Builder to quickly make a better interface or change the interface.

That would only change the appearance, not the behavior. Word, for example, sucks because of it's windows-like behavior.

Back