Opera print header/footer margins

linguist1

Registered
I'm using Opera 10.60 on a MacBook, system 10.5.8. I can't seem to set the header and footer margins in Opera so that they print about an inch away from the edge of the paper. Right now, they are very close to the edge. I went to opera:config and tried to modify the margins there, but the settings there only modify the printing margins for the body of the text (i.e., for the website itself); the header and footer are still very close to the edge. How can I tweak the header and footer margins? Thank you for your help!

Select print and when the print dialog box comes up check the settings there. Underneath the orientation and scale is a pull down menu. Select Paper Handling. The bottom of the print dialog box will change slightly. Now check select scale to fit paper size.

If that doesn't help, try changing the scale in the print dialog box to 90%.

Neither of those options worked.... With "scale to fit paper size," the header and footer are printed just as close to the edge as before. As for changing the scale in the print dialog box to 90%, I don't get that option in Opera. For some strange reason, I *do* get that option in Safari. (I did try going down to 90% in Safari, but the header/footer locations didn't change.)

Does Opera have Page Setup under the File Menu. I know Firefox does but Safari doesn't.
What printer are you using?

Back