optimizing iWeb output

bernhard

Registered
Hi there,

I have been using iWeb to create a new homepage for our small company. It worked really great, and I didn't regret not to use html code one moment.

But, at the end, the output of iWeb is a folder with subfolders for every page. The subfolders are containing all the images used by the pages. That means, that if I have a bunch of pages with always the same background picture and so on, these background pictures are not stored only once but separately for every page in the corresponding subfolder. Consequently, our customers browser has to reload the background images and all the main elements over and over again, which painfully slows down the loading time.

Isn't there a way to optimize iWeb in a way that all pictures are gathered in one single folder? I already tried out the standard web site optimizers praised in other forum articles, but without success so far.

Yours,

Bernhard

Manually editing the HTML to replace the repeating images and backgrounds with the ones in the ./ should do it... as long as there are not hundreds of images, should not be too hard to do.
(For me the whole idea of having a webpage editor without seeing or editing HTML is like having an excel where you can't see or type the numbers..)

Back