Option+Command+S in BBEdit 6.5.2 crashes & Interarchy 5.0.1 won't upload!!

laguila

http://www.5th-Sun.com/
It's well known that a major OS upgrade in the middle of a project is just not a good idea but, nooooo, I HAD to have 10.2!

Now everytime I have multiple documents open in BBEdit and I do Option+Command+S to save them all at once, BBEdit gets through about 2 or 3 and then it's nothin' but that pretty new beach ball!!

Worse, when I tried to upload the changes (that I had to save document by document!) it turns out that FTP in Interarchy 5.0.1 keeps getting the error "500 MACB not understood" in the transcript log and I can't synchronize my FTP Disks!! Fortunately, I managed to download a beta of Interarchy 6 and was able to upload my changes that way.

It's true that lessons learned at 3:30am are often the ones you'll never forget!

I hope software patches are on their way...

check your interarchy preferences, that "500 MACB not understood" looks to me like it's trying to upload your files as macbinary or .bin which is nono if you want other ppl to be able to use them documents. set upload manner to (raw) binary, it should work.

I checked the Interarchy settings in 5.0.1 and the 6 beta and they're the same but only the 6 beta uploads properly.

Thanks for the the reply though...

Sometimes FTP servers complain when your "Passive" setting is reverse of what they prefer. Check this setting in the Network Preferences and Interarchy and see if Interarchy gets happy. If it still won't work try using Transmit in the interim. It's a pretty nifty but un-featured FTP client.

Supposedly you can connect to FTP through the Finder, but I've heard a few complaints about the reliability of this method.

I had similar problems with both Fetch and NetFinder. It turned out to be the PASV setting in the proxies tab of the network settings.

The FTP finder connection is read only. This is supposed to be fixed in 10.2.1 (rumor).

Thanks! The PASV setting in the Netwrok settings fixed it. I wish I could have figured that out earlier! Oh well, live and learn...

Back