ordered iBook - im stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidstrife

Raver and Programmer
Hey, I ordered an iBook with the works last wednesday and didnt get the 14 inch screen...this is proving to be a big mistake. Oh well. Has anyone ever ordered from apple? I want to know when I'll get this iBook if it shipped on Friday the 8th of Feb. Let me know on your shipping times. I want it now. Grr. Oh yea, anyone got photoshop 6.0 on cd for mac? mine broke and adobe wont gimme a new one.

You'll probably have the book on Tuesday at the latest if it's already shipped. IIRC, mine was here in less than 3 days after shipping (and it was a BTO as well). I've got the 12" one, and it's great. I just saw the 14" in CompUSA yesterday, and I'm really glad I've got the smaller one. Don't count it as a "mistake" to not get the 14" model; The smaller overall form factor is well worth the smaller screen (which is absolutely gorgeous, btw).

i just did what you did. i saw the 14 inch one, was glad i got the 12, and ya know what? I like cowboy bebop. IM me on aim. CloudOSX

We had a thread on here a couple of weeks back, asking Apple to keep the 12" screen iBook. It is light, compact and easy to carry around, and the screen is crisp and easy to read. At least a half-dozen members with 12" iBooks joined in, all singing its praises.
If you really think you'd be happier with the 14", give Apple a call and they'll let you trade it, I'm sure.
But I highly recommend the 12" model - it's just easier to live with than any other laptop on the market.

After thinking at what I saw at CompUSA the other day, I realize that the 12 inch screen is VERY crisp and visible. The 14-inch had somewhat of a blur to it i remember. So yay. I got my Apple pro mices delivered today at 9:30am (stayed home from school just for this iBook, my math teacher called me haha).....ok. I dont need the 2nd one. so i gotta send it back now. My iBook is to be delieved by 7pm today by FedEx so im very excited about this. By the way, anyone got an airport card? Where's it go in at?
Also, I'll start a new topic for this, but I have a decent video camera...cept it aint DV. I'm looking for a very very inexpensive way to hook it up to my iBook so I can get video from it. Leme know, thanks!

Attachments

• webcam.jpg
    webcam.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 64
I much prefer the 12" ibook over its 14" sibling. Yes, the screen is a little smaller, but I don't notice much effective difference between the two. They both have the same maximum resolution, as far as I know. Plus the form factor on the 12" is so much nicer IMHO. Not only is it easier to tote around, as people have mentioned, but I find it aesthetically more pleasing to my eyes. All that extra space around the keyboard in the 14" version I find somewhat less attractive. Plus if I were willing to carry around a computer that size, I'd shell out a little bit more and get the base model of the TiBook. Someone mentioned this before, but I'll echo it. Seems to me the two best choices are the 12" iBook or the TiBook. But then again, different strokes for different folks...

Take care,
John

Apple is stupid. They sent me TWO instead of ONE pro mouse and didnt send me my iBook today. I fucking cant stand that. Its like teasing me. FedEx still has like....45 min to get here until they stop delivery for today. I swear, I'm mad. They even called me and said Id get it today. FedEx says Ill get it today. Lazy bums.

Hey, mind the language, but I sympathise with you, dude.
I ordered mine from the very first release, and was promised delivery in four weeks TOPS. It took more than eight weeks for it to reach me, and would have taken longer if I hadn't kept nagging.
They really need a shake-up of their distribution channels.

yea but mine was 8 days TOPS. and look at this FedEx link...man im bein lead on...grrr

<a href="http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/tracking?action=track&language=english&cntry_code=us&initial=x&tracknumbers=017136222495406">FedEx</a>

Jeez, you got it shipped in 2 DAYS?! mine says 10. Maybe they're just padding the schedule and it'll ship sooner. I wish that is. I don't wanna wait until the end of next week for it to ship (ordered it on Sunday).

Well i got my ibook today....and i had to get a new ISP so i could go online with it ( i am on it now!). Im not very happpy with how slow some things run. Plus the apple pro mouse hooks up on the left side and im a right handed guy. The mouse cable is like an inch long which ticks me off too. Im happy I got it, but i wish it were a bit faster. oh well!

How can you stand the Apple Pro Mouse? It's still got one button (still a great matter of debate in the Mac world), and the cord likes to loop around and get stuck underneath where it comes out of the mouse which makes it bog down. Plus, I just don't like the feel of it. Yeah, it's cool because it's see-through, but I much prefer my Logitech optical.

So, what if you got a USB extension cable to extend the mouse's reach around to the right side of the 'book? And whaddaya mean your iBook is falling apart???

Wow! This from the same guy who brags about stealing video games from GameStop, and getting fired from Chick-Fil-A for "shoplifting". Oh yeah, and pirating music on his school's T3. What a winner. Read all about his wonderful life at his oh-so-cool web site www.liquidstrife.com.

Well, what do you expect from a 15 year old. Have fun working at Taco Bell until you get a life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back