512K L2 cache
600MHz frontside bus
256MB DDR400 SDRAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra
64MB DDR video memory
160GB Serial ATA hard drive
Slot-load SuperDrive
AirPort Extreme Card

Yeah, me too. I'd like to see pics posted here as soon as they start arriving, real-world pics and notes with some detail, showing packaging, setup, included stuff, and so on.

I've ordered in a 17" with SuperDrive, Bluetooth Keyboard & mouse, and 512MB. Should be in my hands in about 3 weeks, and set me back less than $3000 Australian.

Might have to update to Airport later, but I'm leaving that until after I've hunted down an old airport card for my iBook. It should be very nice for my needs: Work (Office, Lotus Notes, Keynote), web & email, design, music, movies, DVDs, and occassional Lan games. (Can you imagine whipping out one of these babies at your next LAN party?)

A coworker is also ordering one in, though he hasn't made up his mind on the model and specs as yet...

Nice. I ordered the same config as symphonix. I can't wait to get it but I'm thinking that I may want to throw another 512Mb DIMM in there. I want to stick with really high quality stuff because I would like to get the best performance possible from it. Anybody have any suggestions, I ussually use whatever is cheapest or free. I've had good luck with Kingston and PNY in the past, any opinions?

Funny to read your line, solidsnake:
"lol just ordered mine"
Sounds like you did it just for fun. ;) Wish I was in that status as well

Back