Organizing Your Day - What Software?

BikerRob

Registered
Okay, I've been using Macs for about a year now and love it! I have converted many friends over from PCs and they all love it also.

There is only one thing I haven't figured out how to do "well", and that is how to keep track of my day.

On a PC, I used Outlook. I had my email, calendar, to do's ,etc. right there. I realize I can use Entourage on the Mac, and did so for awhile, but got tired of the "daylight savings bug" that kept my calendar items an hour off.

Anyway, how do others keep track of their day on a Mac? Right now I'm using Mail and iCal, but I find I am usually forgetting to open iCal every morning. What I would LOVE is to be able to have a couple of day's worth of appointments right there on my desktop whenever I open my MacBook.

Any suggestions? Is Entourage the best option or are there others?

TIA!

Rob

Depending on your needs, Now Up to Date is pretty cool. If, however, you're simply "forgetting" to open iCal when you login in the morning. Add it to your list of login items... (Under System Preferences/Accounts)

I guess it's not so much "forgetting" ... I just figure there's got to be a better system for keeping track of appointments, etc. than iCal & Mail & Address Book all separate from each other

Any suggestions? Is Entourage the best option or are there others?

As an Entourage 2004 user, I can state with some confidence that it sucks. It is not at all clear what problem you have with iCal. Why don't you set it to launch automatically when you login.

If you're into the book "getting things done" by david allen, you might be interested in a cool piece of software called 'igtd'. I love it.

I happen to like Entourage 2004. It does everything nicely for me and it is similar to Outlook. I have experienced no bugs. It syncs nicely with my palm using Missing Sync. I also include it in my login items.

Back