OS 10.1 installation problems

Zarembo

Contributing member
Aside from the installation process of the 10.1 upgrade taking a very long time, the upgrade is all that I could expect and more! The response and overall performance on my Wallstreet 300 is nothing short of tremendous!

That being said, and I want to emphasize the overall satisfaction with the update; I have encountered problems.

I noticed some glitches, first a couple of mail accounts mysteriously disappeared. Then the dock went to the bottom of the screen after I had placed it on the right hand side of the screen.

I thought that I would run Disk First aid just to see whether there were problems. Sure enough, the message was "Keys are out of order, overlapping files detected"

I ran Diskwarrior in hopes of taking care of this problem. No such luck, it would not replace the directory the progress bar continued to run, but there was no further progress. The error number was 4635.

I perused these message boards and could find nothing comparable. My question is; has anyone had a similar experience? If so, what did you need to do to resolve this issue, short of a complete reinstall?

Back