Os 10.4.2 And Icons In My Sidebar

macman60

Registered
Recently I started missing icons in my Sidebar of which I have custom icons on just about every folder on my G4 and I put them in the Sidebar for easy access and all of a sudden the icons in the Sidebar only started turning into generic folders and then files started missing and PDF's I have installed a OWC mercury 1.2ghz processor upgrade and bought 2 512mg of 133 168pin ram which I maxed the ram out on the G4/500mhz but all of this happened about 4wks after the installation of the processor upgrade and the ram, so I purchased a new internal 3.6 volt Lithaium battery and my Mac started up the fastest it ever had but the icons were still weird I noticed when I went to Finder>Preferences>Sidebar>Computer, Hard Disks etc. that it wouldn't let me put a check beside the Desktop and then I looked on my opened window and there was a icon generic folder with the word desktop on it at the bottom of all my Sidebar icons and the craziest thing is that when I unstuff something and look at the Sidebar as I go to put the unstuffed item into a fldr. I see at least 4 generic folders at the top of my Sidebar where the folders start not where it shows my HD's etc. but when I open a window I see only one >?
I have ran Disk Utility no problems, Alsoft DiskWarrior No Problems, TechTool 4.0.3 and 4.0.5 with no problems so what is up with the computer not letting me put a check beside the word Desktop in the preferences window and why is it when I open a window to put something into a folder that it shows several Desktop generic folders. Good Luck!

Running OS 10.4.2, G4/500mhz(upgraded to 1.2ghz OWC Mercury Processor card, 1gig of Ram, Epson USB C60 printer, Canon USB 2.0 LIDE 20 Scanner, 4-port USB 2.0 hub, 4-port USB 1.1 hub, internal Pioneer 108 Dual DVD/CD, external Firewire CD-RW Smard Disk, Internal PCI 2.0 Card, USB Palm Tungsten Cable connected to USB 2.0 Hub and iMic USB 1.1 connected to USB 2.0 Hub, C60 printer connected to USB 1.1 hub

I found the problem and you may want to keep this issue on file:
Virtual PC had put a file into my Library>Startup Items Fldr. Took it out
no problems this file some how puts itself into my Startup fldr. and I read
where it stopped one guy from being able to get on the web via cable modem
so beware this file can and will cause problems VPC has been notified and has not returned a fix. thanks for the help macman60

Back