OS 8.6 "DragLib not found"

johnnyriss

Registered
Greetings,

Gonna try to make this short as possible. I have a blueberry iMac that HAD OS 8.5. I was trying to get it up and as current as possible to loan to a friend so she could have net access while HER computer is being serviced. When I tried to update the Internet Explorer, and Flash, it said it needed OS 8.6 or better to do so. Soooo, I tried to update the operating system. When I did, I ran the OS 8.6 updater, but I think I was supposed to do so while being booted up from a CD. Regretfully, I didn't do that.

Now, when I try to start up, it gets to the desktop and then I get an error message that says:

"The Finder could not start up because the following system library could not be found: DragLib--SetDragImage
To start up, use the CD or floppy disks that came with your computer. To start up from a CD, hold the "C" key while starting up, or consult the User's Guide that came with your computer."

When I now start up from a CD and try to run the updater again, the updater runs for a little while then stops and I get this message:
"The application "Drive Setup Lite" could not be opened."
And the only option is to hit "ok" which stops the updater.

I do not have the original OS CDs and I'm trying to avoid purchasing new ones. Anybody have any ideas on how to get it going?

I do have a Norton Utilities disk.

Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.

Back