Os Freezing In Startup

McCallie

Registered
Just installed Tiger, didn't think it installed because it said the hard drive did not have enough free space. It shows version 10.4, but other programs are having problems, still getting window of not enough space after lots of trashing.
Couldn't figure out how to delete OS 9 so i tried to restart in it from System Preferences. Now it is freezing while trying to startup in OS 9. I'm stuck. Are there some keys i can hold to select another hard drive to start in? How do i properly delete OS 9 while making sure i retain all of my work in OS X?
Thanks,
Matt

If you don't need OS 9 for Classic Mode, just use the OS X install CDs to reformat the drive completely if you don't need the data that is currently on it. That should most definitely free up some space.

If you need to conserve space during the installation so that you still have more free space on your hard drive, select to customize the installation so that you can deselect a lot of the other options that you don't need. I usually remove all the other localized languages except for English on my setup, as well as the extra fonts I know I'm not ever going to use. And if I ever do need them, I can add them on afterwards.

Back