OS X 1.0 & software

AdmiralAK

Simply Daemonic
Just wondering if anyone knows what software will come bundled with OS X 1.0
I assume Music Player, terminal, stuff it, and all the software that came with the public beta will be there but is there going to be anything new ? A "chat" client ?, a video conferencing piece of software ? iTunes ? does anyone know ??

Admiral

My predictions :

- iTunes
- iMovie (less certain however)
- Internet Explorer (it was hard to find this one ;-) )
- All stuff that is in 4K builds
- Developers tools
- maybe Toast titanium Lite...
- Fire or iChat, iMessanger...
- iDVD
- new AppleWorks (6.1) (not sure at all, just hope...)
- All stuff that is in PB (Sketch, PDF Compositor...)
- Maybe a funny game
- QT trailers, and some MP3's
- OmniWeb (I hope, I hope...)
- DVD Player, MS Office 2001... Ok I'm joking...

- Some "One Last thing" present from Steve...

Originally posted by Gametes
My order STILL says "Mac OS X 1.0".
Care to explain that?

If you ordered that from other source than Apple then they are wrong.. if you ordered directly from Apple.com's store it will just show "Mac OS X"

Boult

Ignore Apple marketing and pedantic mac users.

The first version ought to be called "Oh Ess Ex One Point Oh" and we all know it

With a little subscript ways "The worlds best Operating System, solid as a UNIX, friendly as mac"

he he ;)

Admiral

Originally posted by strobe
Ignore Apple marketing and pedantic mac users.

The first version ought to be called "Oh Ess Ex One Point Oh" and we all know it
I want to call it Mac OS X.0

sorry boult, but I did order my copy from Apple and my copy does say "Mac OS X 1.0".
So I guess taht settles it then, huh guys?

Hahaha.. wait till you get your copy, then fire up Apple System Profiler then please tell me what it says..

Boult

Must be typo.. I went to apple store and added X to order cart and I only see "Mac OS X" before the part nbr. I guess it is really a typo. just wait till you get your copy next week and take a look under the hood to find the actual version. it will be 10.0

Har Har Har.. His invoice must be generated after Schiller said it is 10.0 :) maybe those who got "1.0" must be way before Schiller mentioned "10.0" so they realized the confused so they set it straight.. :)

Back