os x 10.2.4 forgets the time and date

lilbandit

I hate Meath
since i updated to 10.2.4, it seems to forget the correct time and date every time I shut down the computer. It's a DP 867 machine that is 4 or 5 months old, any ideas anyone?

I've always had that problem with my mac, even with 9.01. Is there an internal battery that needs to be replaced, or ?

OH MY GOOD!

I have the same problem! I have a DP 867 and ever since I have upgraded to 10.2.4 it cannot hold the date and time. I don't think it's the battery as it's only a month old.

Hmmmmmm :(

There is a battery that needs replaced. If you have a dedicated internet connection you could use the network time protocol in Date and Time to update your clock using apple's time server. The batteries are fairly inexpensive, can be found at most apple dealers and easy to install.

A new battery will probably not fix this. There is a known issue with 10.2.4 - apple has posted an article in the KB regarding this. The only fix they have to offer at this point is to use the Network Time sync. Don't waste money on a new battery...

I've had the same problem ever since upgrading to 10.2.4 -- My guess is that we that are experiencing this problem are gonna have to wait until Apple fixes the bug in their next upgrade (10.2.5).

Ozzie

Back