Os X 10.2.4?

I'd like 10.3 to be a general UI polish up.

- Most important, improve open/save dialogs!

- Integrate Sherlock and Safari

- Improve Finder. Win XP added a whole heap of nice little finishing touches to Explorer, and I think Finder needs the same. Having common tasks shown once you click on a file in XP is nice - you get a preview in column view.. but should also be available in the other views too.

- Restore minimize in place feature

- Improve keyboard navigation. Not always consistent at the mo.

- The Dock works okay, but it is very simple. I think it needs some more power user features, such as multiple docks each shown as a tab?

- Flatten the close/min/max buttons at the top of windows. At the mo they are still in 10.1 style and need to lose their drop shadow.

- Improve consistency of color scheme (Not all app change their color) and offer more colors.

- Lastly virtual desktops would be nice... but it is a kinda a pro feature.

@#$%in' inputsprocket or some other standard videogame controller support that works like it did in 9.2.2. If people are supposed to use macs for gaming , they need some controller support! Help us Apple! Two Docks would also definitely be very cool.

One thing i am curious about ... i have the ORIGINAL 10.0 discs that came with my iBook, would it be possible to update from that, to 10.3?! ... i know you need a few bits to before you update to 10.1 ... but, did anyone go from 10 - 10.2 ?! what were the issues?! the reason i ask, is ... i have no idea where my jaguar CD's are, and when the time comes, i am a little worried! i have X, 10.1 update, 10.2 (god knows where! :( )

anyone shed some light onnit?!

Neyo

Neyo....you could try it but i think you have to go with 10.0, 10.1 than 10.2 and don't forget all those nasty security updates we have.
Your best bet is to find those Jaguar cds.

I'd like to have a dvd player and itunes update around the 10.2.4 time.

I try not to guess what will come for 10.3 because i want to be excited.

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~
One thing i am curious about ... i have the ORIGINAL 10.0 discs that came with my iBook, would it be possible to update from that, to 10.3?! ... i know you need a few bits to before you update to 10.1 ... but, did anyone go from 10 - 10.2 ?! what were the issues?! the reason i ask, is ... i have no idea where my jaguar CD's are, and when the time comes, i am a little worried! i have X, 10.1 update, 10.2 (god knows where! :( )

anyone shed some light onnit?!

Neyo

My friend received a free copy of OS X when we went to a Mac Center Store. He went from OS X orginal to 10.2 without any problems.

Thanks, i am not anxious to format right now, but you know "forward planning" 'n' all! .. i'll have to go hunt, i s'pose! I know where my X, and X.1 CD's are, why didn't i put them 2getha!? :(

a feature id like to see in the dock is the ability to group similar items together. When i have multiple safari windows open, i would like to minimize them into one icon on the dock. then, when i click the icon, ill be presented with a list of all the windows open. A tabbed dock sounds cool. id like to see that..
I didnt mind too much paying for 10.2. The speed increase and just snapier response was worth it. though, at $129 it was a little steep.

i just want my mac osx to have a number of ways to manage windows. and better integration of command line apps with aqua.

including with scripts, like perl, python, ruby, etc...

I want to see sounds return to all icons when I click on them... I want to hear a sound to show what I opened up...

I would also like to see a Defrag tool come with this version... I know many people say you don't need it... but still it would be nice.

"I would also like to see a Defrag tool come with this version... I know many people say you don't need it... but still it would be nice."

True story here, Think of "Screen Saver" as your defrag tool. They both do exactly the same thing, nothing.
Defraging is in the windows world, leave it there.

Download DockFun!

Infinite docks! I can't work without it. I hate going home to my Windows XP machine....start....programs...click folder...click another folder...finally the app i want

"Our sources indicate that Apple will release Mac OS X version 10.2.4 next week."
looprumors.com
1/14/03

exciting!

Jeez, half the stuff mentioned (window-list under icons, etc) is already there! The other stuff is ripe for third parties, where it should be. Win XP task bar is a chore in my opinion. Let's keep the clutter to a minimum and provide features via 3rd party for those folks with special needs (like multiple docks, virtual desktops, etc.).

Macs are definitly great machines, cause they run out of the box and MacOS X is simply the best OS available.

[Edited by fryke because of trolling content.]

Back