OS X 10.2 Developer Preview...How Stable?

djubelirer

Registered
I have the OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) Developer Preview CDs in my hand and I am considering installing it over OS X 10.1 on my Quicksilver G4 Tower at home. I wanted to know how stable 10.2 is and are their any terrible bugs that are unbearable? Can you print (HP 950) and work in 10.2 without any problems? Also, will I be able to simply update the preview with the real version of 10.2 when it comes out when I purchase it?

Overall, for those that are using 10.2: would you install it as your only operating system over 10.1? Is it stable and polished enough to be used on a regular basis, and are the added features worth it?

I appreciate your help,
DJ

These questions and many more are answered in the other threads. Just look back a few posts and you'll find what you're looking for. :D

Just so you know, when you install the developer preview, there is a warning that says that you will NOT be able to simply upgrade to the final version of Jaguar.

Also, whenever you use pre-release software, you should NEVER EVER EVER use it as your main operating system. ALWAYS install it on a separate partition, in case something happens that makes it unusable and you have to revert to your old installation.

This way, you'll also be able to maintain an upgrade path even while using the developer preview.

I think Jaguar is stable. But there is some bugs (maybe for me only?) - for example Mail doesn't work properly - unexpected quit occure periodicaly.

Back