OS X and Track Pad Problem??

daNinja

Registered
Sometimes (rather often) on my iBook, the track pad will suddenly go dead. One minute I can move the cursor accross the screen real quick like I have the preferances set to and the next it will just die and I have to prctically beat the track pad to get it from one side of the screen to the other. The only thing that seems to fix it is restarting.

Has anyone else experienced this or heard of this problem? Or is it maybe just a problem with my installation?? Thanks,

That still happens to me too under very specific applications. I've found I can get it back by just putting it to sleep, so I hope that saves you some pain.

So far, it seems to be related only to IE, Netscape and/or iTunes, but I'll need to pin it down somehow.

Thanks for the tip, hopefully that helps me out! :) I am pretty sure that the application that is causing the problem is either iTunes as you say or maybe it is the sleep program?? When I am having this trouble I am always running iTunes though and since you mention it too, that sounds like a definate possibility. I have had this happen to me many times when when I wasn't using IE or Netscape, but maybe it happens with all... Anyhow thanks again for the tip that was keeping me from having to restart that was getting old!

Does anyone know of a more permanent fix??

Yes, iTunes seems to be it. I usually have Netscape or IE open in the background so I'm never sure. In the previous version of itunes, it was possible to vanish the mouse completely by running full-screen visualiser and hitting Apple-Q.
Hopefully the bug will be fixed in the next update. Until then, if it happens, just close the lid, count to three, open the lid.

FYI, this happens to me too although I almost never run iTunes. Also, it hasn't happened in a month or so.

I'll try the sleep trick next time.

Vanguard

Back