OS X Books

unlearnthetruth

Recycle Me!
Well, my mother (who just purchased the new iMac, and knows NOTHING about computers) wants to learn. She doesn't need to know the intricacies of the command line or anything like that, but she wants to know how to get around in OS X. As it is now, she's calling me whenever she wants to print, send an email, what have you. I know there are several books out, but I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations. Pogue's Missing Manual looks promising, and at least I know he's an author one can trust. The OS X for dummies has been reviewed as being too silly and not informative enough. Any ideas? Also, I figure getting a book now will be ok because Jaguar (which I will install on the iMac when I'm home in 2 weeks, doesn't have enough operational differences to necessitate a new book. Anyone disagree with me?

get Pogue's. I don't personally own it but I browsed through it at a book store and it seems pretty well written and easy to understand. It may cover a lot more than she will ever need but atleast that leaves room for growth if she really gets into it.

Back