OS X Color Profile Resetting

Urbansory

The Definition of...
Every now and then, atleast twice a week at work, my G5 resets to the default setting for both of my LCDs. You can obviously tell the difference, so i have to manually go in and change it back.

Any ideas what may be causing this or a way to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

I've been having similar problems –*not with colour profiles – but with OS X apparently not remembering its settings. For example I often get messages along the line of "Double clicking this file will open [Application X] for the first time…", when I have only just quite [Application X].

Weird!

I get the color resetting happen if I switch users a lot. What I did to fix it was to get the color profile I had set up and copy it from that user's Profiles folder (~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays) and copy it to /Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays. Then went back into the Display pref pane and chose the copy (you might want to rename it slightly, so you can tell which is which!). Once I did that, I deleted the one from user's folder, and it seems to have fixed it. I haven't had the profile get reset since. (And any users I haven't explicitly set a profile for seem to use this one by default - a plus.) YMMV.

Back