OS X Desktop image

Wafa

Registered
I running OS X 10.1 on PB G3 with 320 meg/Ram. I noticed, after sometime of computer usage, that miscolored vertical and horisontal lines (about 5mm long) appear on the backgroud image of the desktop.

I using standard Apple backgroud images for my desktop screen. Those miscolored lines appear irrespective of what type of desktop image I am using. It only goes away if I restart the computer. It mostly appear on the right side of the desktop screen.

Any help on how to correct or get rid of this irritating problem :mad: will be appreciated.

This sounds like the documented problem that shadows from text of folders/files/removable media/hard disks are sometimes left behind when moved or dragged. Very annoying. This is supposedly going to be updated with the Mac OS X 10.1.2 update, which also is supposedly coming out today or tomorrow. :D

I get these too occasionally, I notice them more because I use solid colours for my desktop (currently have a really nice lighter aqua blue going on... but back to the topic), I notice it most regularly with files that persist in using
'classic/os9' icons, rather than their osX counterparts.

I have a bunch of sit files from an os9 backup CD that I can drag around my desktop leaving black smudges behind. At first I thought 'omg my monitor, what is happening!?', but when I noticed a new sticky note covering the dots, I breathed a sigh of relief. Unfortunately the dots remain on the desktop until log out/in. After MACNN reported the possible release of 10.1.2 for sometime yesterday, I've been hitting the software update button every 15 minutes :D

c'mon apple!

you know, this reminds me of a problem I had in X 10.04, where the 'poofs' would leave little cloud turds on the desktop, after being drug out from the dock.

thankfully, this was fixed (for me) in 10.1.

seems like the quartz engine might still be having some issues under certain conditions and that Apple is still doing some optimization here and there.

let's see what the next version brings us!

yeah! c'mon Apple indeed!!!

-Anton-

Back