OS X freezing on DUAL gig

BBenve

Apple seeder
I have a problem, my dual & gihz with 2 gig of ram is starting up, everything seems to run fine for about 10-15 minutes.... then when i start up Final Cut (udated to the letest release), the computer suddenly freeze...can anyone tell me what is wrong with it? i have already reinstalled everything... zapped the pram, ugraded to X.2.4 and the latest security Update...nothing seems to help...
If i forcequit Finalcut the entire system crashes leaving me with the spinning Hard Disk platter (beach ball for most of the users)

Keep in lind the lachine was at Apple last month ...for the same problem.... they changed the logic board...but since it's doing it again...i think that was NOT the answer...

Can anyone please let me know what i can try?? thanks

Is it only Final Cut that causes a freeze?

If you can cause another freeze, make a note of the time, and then check the console (in /Applications/Utilities) for any unusual messages logged at that time.

At startup of FCP is when FCP checks for a camera or deck connected via firewire. Is there anything hooked up to the Mac? I never had a crash with a Sony TRV camera I use hooked up to my G4, but it's possible.

I've had similar problems with 10.2.4. I don't have final cut pro. However after my machine has been up for longer than 24hrs (usually) the machine begins acting funny. Software refuses to quit even when I force quit it. In the beginning the apps will force quit on the fourth or fifth attempt. Although after the computer has been up even longer it eventually just gets hung up and a restart is required.

I personally feel there is some kind of glitch in Apple's 10.2.4 update.

I too have this problem on my Dual 1ghz G4.

Back