OS X hate my iPod (Urgent!!!)

cpk0

Registered
Heres a snippet of an AIM convo, its a run down of my prob...

cpk0 (18:44:20p): whenever i plug in my iPod, heres what happens
cpk0 (18:44:31p): iTunes opens w/ the iPod available
cpk0 (18:44:36p): so i can put music on it
cpk0 (18:44:39p): but...
cpk0 (18:44:48p): the finder is in a constant state of relaunching, if will clear the desktop, reload the desktop, then do it all over again.
cpk0 (18:45:07p): if i eject the iPod in iTunes the finder stops relaunching

I called apple, they seemed to think it was an OS X prob, not an iPod prob, but its obv. stemming from the finder trying to mount the iPod. I know it is mounted cause i can put songs on it and its in my /Volumes folder.

Oh yeah, i did a restore of teh whole iPod, from the 1.0.4 updater like 10 minutes ago..

OK, one quick update:

I dont know if this is normal, but when i did another restore, finder relaunched twice, a little tiem in between each, and then stopped.

- Make sure you are running the current update of OS X.
- Make sure iTunes Helper is in your Login items (if you need to find it, it is actually INSIDE the iTunes app package, I think)
- When the prob next occurs, make sure you close all other apps to be sure it isn't something else conflicting.
- Perhaps you are using another firewire drive? Check that the connection is secure. Are you using the cable that came with the iPod (there are variants on firewire cables that don't have power connections)?

Any other ideas, guys?

This exact same thing happened to me when I renamed my iPod using Greek characters from a different keyboard layout. But then it stopped... weird.... I'd suggest booting in OS9 and renaming the iPod something simple, I guess. It's worth a shot

Back