OS X installation

yuki

Registered
How do I install OS X.2? I am using OS 9.1 now on my G4. Must I partition the hard drive or will the installation partition the hard drive for me?

you don't NEED to partition the drive, it is just useful and if you want to partitions, you need to bak everything up. and then you CAN partition from the jaguar cd but drive setup is better

And... forgive me for saying something really obvious... I have no idea if you're a beginner or not.... but bear in mind, partitioning erases your disk.... *sigh* that's really the worst part about partitioning. ;)

It's better to install it on a separate partition so if anything goes wrong you can always startup from the os9 partition.

You can change your startup disk in the OS 9 control panel or in system prefs in OS X.

You can also choose from wich disk you will boot when you press option during boot.

When you want to use Classic it recommended by apple to first install OS9 on that partition.

After choosing the disk on wich you want to install, you can choose wich parts of 10.2 you want to install, use the "special" button. Uncheck everything (languages and printer drivers) you won't need.

Back