OS-X LDAP Something strange ???

adisanzio

Registered
Something strange is happening to me !!!
Let's summarize it :

1. After having installed the X-Serve software (into a X-Serve Dual), in a STANDALONE role, and after having promoted it to OPEN DIRECTORY MASTER role, the accounts database is working fine during sometime, bur seems to get corrupted, incl. the admin user, afterwards.

2. It seems to be impossible to take a control of the server with the Server Monitor programme.

Could someone give me a hand or a thought on the above ?

Thank you.

Alessio

You can't control the server with "Server Monitor" but you can configure quite a lot of settings with Server Admin. If you're connecting from outside your LAN, there are firewall considerations to take into account. Port 311 needs to be open, plus others. Read the documentation for OS X Server.

adisanzio said:
Something strange is happening to me !!!
Let's summarize it :

1. After having installed the X-Serve software (into a X-Serve Dual), in a STANDALONE role, and after having promoted it to OPEN DIRECTORY MASTER role, the accounts database is working fine during sometime, bur seems to get corrupted, incl. the admin user, afterwards.

2. It seems to be impossible to take a control of the server with the Server Monitor programme.

Could someone give me a hand or a thought on the above ?

Thank you.

Alessio

Back