OS X logged me out!

hazmat

Rusher of Din
I have a USB KVM switch, and switched over to the PC to do something, and when I came back to the Mac, I was logged out, looking at a login screen! I have never seen this happen before at all. What could have caused this?!? I looked around in /var/log, but nothing has anything. system.log is empty, as well as netinfo.log. Any ideas?

I swear, I think I am having more problems with 10.1.5 than ever before, between this and the video issues that I and many others are having.

Thanks.

I think that usually happens if the SystemUI process dies.. Not sure what the cause is, but I've had it happen randomly before.

yup, your display server died. happens sometimes under heavy load. not often, though, and not related to 10.1.5 as far as i can see. (as this happened to me with 10.1.3, never with 10.1.4 and never with 10.1.5 so far.)

Originally posted by fryke
yup, your display server died. happens sometimes under heavy load. not often, though, and not related to 10.1.5 as far as i can see. (as this happened to me with 10.1.3, never with 10.1.4 and never with 10.1.5 so far.)

Display server, huh? Anything related then to all the display problems I and lots of others are having with 10.1.5?

it's not the 'monitor driver', it's the 'display server'. :)

dunno what you mean, as i don't have those problems...

Back