OS X Starts slower now

HeliAnimal

Registered
My computer use to start very very fast. I don't have any items in my login. Now it seems it hangs on the Grey screen.. sometimes a folder appears for a few seconds instead of the Apple. Also the "OS X" bar blazed across before now it takes about 6 seconds. Is this normal when you start filling your HD up with programs and music ect..?

Have you tried doing the usual procedures, like repairing permissions and booting into Safe Mode (which will run fsck to check and repair any corruptions on the hard disk)? Also, make sure you have enough space on the hard drive. Anything less than 1 GB I believe is sometimes cause for slowdowns in OS X.

My computer use to start very very fast. I don't have any items in my login. Now it seems it hangs on the Grey screen.. sometimes a folder appears for a few seconds instead of the Apple. Also the "OS X" bar blazed across before now it takes about 6 seconds. Is this normal when you start filling your HD up with programs and music ect..?

Also possible is a problem with the network, if you system can not reach a dhcp server. This can cause long delays during boot.

Good luck, Kees

Back