OS X Tiger can't print to HP Officejet K60

ssmmacosx

Registered
I've got an ibook g4 with OS X 10.4 and am trying to get it to print to an HP Officejet K60 (connected via USB).

I downloaded the HPIJS driver and followed the instructions on http://www.linuxprinting.org/macosx/hpijs/. The Mac thinks it's printing properly but nothing happens on the printer.

Any ideas? This is driving me crazy. What I really want to do is network the printer on my XP and drive it from the Mac. That's another probably very long story, but I have to get it to work through the USB first.

Thanks,
Shankha

Is this on version 1.4.0.?
I had a similar situation with and AIO HP 6010xi. HP advised some serious HP program removal involving pref. folder and play list etc. Maybe you could check with HP for some definitive answers.
Good luck.

You didn't say, so I'll ask - Did you also install ESP ghostscript from that site? It is required. ghostscript is the printer driver, hpijs is the PPD/printer features interpreter.

Although ssmmosx made no mention of which version of MacOS X he is running, be advised that ESP GhostScript is installed as part of MacOS X since MacOS X 10.3. The ESP GhostScript are specifically tells you not to do your own installation if you run 10.3 or 10.4.

Hi MisterMe,
I'm sorry, but that's wrong.
The advice about not installing ESP ghostscript is only present on Gimp-Print download/instruction pages, because Panther and Tiger have a custom ghostscript installed, that supports ONLY Gimp-Print.
All the rest of the open source CUPS drivers here require ESP ghostscript (the full version):
http://www.linuxprinting.org/macosx/

You are welcome to try hpijs without ESP ghostscript yourself, or ask this question on Apple Discussions/Printing & Faxing, to confirm this fact.

Best Wishes.

Actually, it seems to work on the network now. And suddenly the printer types did become visible. I had to reboot the machine, but it seems to be ok now.

Thanks for all your help. (Oh yes, I'd already installed ESP etc.)

Shankha

Back