OS X Tiger Server & RAID Array issues

concept27

Registered
Hi there,

I am running a Dual 1GZ PowerMac G4 (mirrored door) with OSX Tiger Server connected to a Firewire RAID array made by Fibrenetix FX-605-FW. and this server is joined to Active Directory (Windows 2000 Domain Controller). Since day one, I've been having issues keeping this raid array connected to the network. It works for a few days and all of the sudden the array disconnects and the icon disappears from the OSX screen. I have to manually restart the raid array or actually reboot the server for it to appear. Today the same thing happened, only that I can not get the firewire RAID to connect. I keep disconnecting the firewire cable and resetting the power on it but the icon does not come on. I am pretty savvy with PC's but this G4 is giving me lots of headache. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a classic hardware problem. I'd check to see if there were any firmware updates for the RAID, and you might want to try a third-party PCI card and a new cable.

concept27 said:
Hi there,

I am running a Dual 1GZ PowerMac G4 (mirrored door) with OSX Tiger Server connected to a Firewire RAID array made by Fibrenetix FX-605-FW. and this server is joined to Active Directory (Windows 2000 Domain Controller). Since day one, I've been having issues keeping this raid array connected to the network. It works for a few days and all of the sudden the array disconnects and the icon disappears from the OSX screen. I have to manually restart the raid array or actually reboot the server for it to appear. Today the same thing happened, only that I can not get the firewire RAID to connect. I keep disconnecting the firewire cable and resetting the power on it but the icon does not come on. I am pretty savvy with PC's but this G4 is giving me lots of headache. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Back