OS X turning into XP

because some of the older machines don't support it. you CAN have them without having QE, but older computers lack both.

Yes, you can have a mouse shadow without QE, but it's a lot more likely that one has QE without a mouse shadow. New computers can easily have QE without having the mouse shadow. The shadow is completely unrelated to graphics card age, amount of VRAM or even Quartz Extreme.

The mouse shadow issue discussed here only applies to the standard mouse cursor. The spinning wheel and You Can't Copy That Here cursors use similar shadowing techniques, yet these shadows work correctly on all setups. Thus the issue with the basic arrow cursor is probably a bug.

Hmm...that's odd...

I can't delete Internet Explorer from Jaguar.

I guess it really is becoming like XP

:D

just kidding... :)

Originally posted by Gregita
Hmm...that's odd...

I can't delete Internet Explorer from Jaguar.

I guess it really is becoming like XP

:D

just kidding... :)

Found the version of DOS in Jaguar yet? :D

Not to add fuel to the "drop shadow" fire, but I think the problem might be this..... I have a flat screen Super Drive iMac. When I first installed Jag and was playing around I thought "hum... I don't see a drop shadow over my mouse!" But in truth there was one. But it was not what I expected so I over looked it. I can only see it when it is over something white and even then it is ever so slight.....

So I think more people have it and either have monitor that are old and not great with whites anymore, or they are just missing it.

That is what I think

And to be a little on subject. Other than the similarities between what all OS do.... I do not think OS X is anything like XP....

Later

Matthew

Disclaimer : Don't shoot me...

As I was reading the posts here on my gaming PC running Win2k, I just realised that my cursor has got a shadow too...

Originally posted by Gregita
that's funny, Plastic.

I haven't found it yet.. :)

Set your WIN2k System Cursor to "3D Bronze"... you should see it.. you should, you should... :D

Begging now : Don't shoot me, don't shoot me...

Originally posted by Inline_guy
So I think more people have it and either have monitor that are old and not great with whites anymore, or they are just missing it.
Think again. My reports are based on experiences with a pair of brand-spanking-new Diamondtron flat CRTs. The shadow just isn't there.

The shadowed cursor and the traditional cursor are two completely different entities. The shadowed one has a sharper appearance thanks to two added white pixels (top left and bottom right) and the antialiasing effect provided by the shadow.

So, again, the shadow most definitely isn't rendered in afterwards, and definitely not through QE.

Back