OS X Virus

Pfft...

Did a google search on this and only found 12 results, all linking to that article. It's not real.

It's a humorous piece. And pretty funny at that. But no, it's not real, considering it's under "The Liter Side" and written by "Anne Onymus".

"And why is it called Switchback? Because when you read the source code, the first comment calls OS X users to give up their nonconformity and switch back to Microsoft Windows. "

SInce I never owned Windows, does this then exclude me from this virus.

Once you go Mac, you never go back. (Now that is a good slogan for Apple.)

Yes, it's a funny fake. But using AppleScript to readout the Adressbook and then using Mail to send itself to other seams to be possible.

But I'm not sure if you can call such a programm a virus when it's simply just a script. And even if this will exist in the future you would see Adressbook and Mail starting due to the AppleScript events.

So it's nearly impossible that such a script/virus can spread around for days or even weeks without beeing noticed ;)

And I'm sure Apple will release a security update only hours after someone recognice such a script or any virus.

So for me I can sleep and dream of nice things because I know my mac is secure enough :)

Makes you feel good to use a mac doesn't it...knowing a major virus could never really hurt us. :)

Back