Os X Yosemite On Unsupported Macs

James Robinson

Registered
Don't mind me. Just copying a thread from an awesome developer, TMRJIJ. I didn't claim that I made this guide of the patch. Don't tell him if you contact him ;) (Editor: He already knows)

Apple History

OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard was the first OS X version with optional support for a 64-bit kernel, allowing booting either with a 32-bit or 64-bit kernel. However, Apple did not support booting the 64-bit kernel in Macs that shipped with EFI32 firmware, even if they had 64-bit processors capable of running the 64-bit kernel. When Apple dropped the 32-bit kernel entirely from OS X, starting with OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, EFI32 Macs no longer had an Apple-supported mechanism to boot newer OS X versions.

Fortunately, we have found a work around for these version of OS X. Guides and support for Installing OS X Yosemite on your Unsupported Mac can be found at MacRumors web site.

Editor:
This post was edited to remove a copy and paste from another web site without permission.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi James,

Please inform us the next time you copy our MacRumors thread on another site. We must prepare for a wide margin of people in need of support and need to know first hand when our guides and software is shared to new areas of the web.

Thanks,
Isiah Johnson

We have rules for copy and posting from another source without a specific link from which it was taken from. No one asked for a step by step. It was removed.

Back