OS9.2 apps to iMac OS 10.5/leopard

reed

Registered
Here is a nut that needs cracking.

I'm looking for any ideas: Here is the problem: "you can not open the application illustrator 8.0 (classic) because it is no longer taken into account...." Xpress version 4.04 the same. I have the update 7 for Quarke ,d I was told I could update /transfer from the G3 to the new iMac.No dice for the moment. A question of "programing or transfer, etc. via firewire?" Or what?
I would love to pass the old apps. sited above to the new Mac. My g350 is still there and I have firewire. I also have an external hard drive (Combo) that has quite a lot of files and recuperated apps. A mixed bag what.
If this sounds confusing, the bottom line is how to transfer AND upgrade old Xpress/illustrator from a G3 to iMac/leopard. If this is the wrong forum, where should I go? The XPress site is not very clear....at least for me.
Must I find an old version ready to handle the new iMac in order to upgrade?
Just a thought.
Many thanks. Reed

The only way to do it that I know of is to run SheepShaver and install Mac OS 9 that way. Classic support was removed as of Leopard, even on PowerPC Macs.

Thanks nixgeek. I'll check it out. Just a thought, if I upgrade Xpress 4.04 to 7 on the G3 THEN would the iMac read it seeing how it's the latest version?

Thanks nixgeek. I'll check it out. Just a thought, if I upgrade Xpress 4.04 to 7 on the G3 THEN would the iMac read it seeing how it's the latest version?

To be honest, I don't know. Give it a try and see if it works (just make sure you have backups in case of imminent FAIL :p). Glad I could get you pointed in the right direction. :)

Back