Os9 networking with OsX

kovachjon

Registered
Hi,

I want to network all my Macs, which are running both Os9, and OsX, depending on what application/files I have/need to use.
When I have one computer in OsX, and am working on another computer in Os9, and I go to the Chooser and try to connect to the OsX computer, I get an AppleShare error. Any ideas as to why this happens?

Also, I have one computer that says file sharing cannot be enabled, period. I don't know what is wrong there. Any common errors? I have the AppleTalk set up properly, through the ethernet card, and AppleTalk is on. But when I click to start file sharing, it gives me that error.

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it.
Jon

There are some differences, so I need the OS X version(s). From OS 9, try entering the server IP address while in Chooser>Appleshare.

OsX 10.3.9

I'll post about the IP address later. Trying to go to the Mac in Os9 that isn't sharing properly, though, still won't let me connect.... it says server error.

All of my computers are connected via a network setup. I don't really know how else to explain it other than that. I know this is hard to diagnose, but I don't really know how else to describe it.....
Thanks....

There is a very important difference between router and plain hub - how each computer gets its IP address. Maybe you could just tell us the IP address of each computer?

Back