OS9 to OSX upgrade issue

Danny2010

Registered
I recently had my OSX system get a panic kernal error and i was able to restore it to OS9 and get it back working but lost OSX. Computer is a Mac G4 cube. My issue is now when I insert my OSX 10.0 install CD it asks me to restart to install and when i do the computer will re start but hang up on the grey screen with the little mac comp in the middle, and the mouse cursor is a rotating rainbow colored dial and that it, wont go any further. Any help on what I should do to get OSX installed. I tried holding the option key route and also the C key route but got the same outcome.

Hi Danny,
Congrats for owning an awesome Mac, and upgrading it. What specs does it have more specifically? Proc. speed, RAM amount, HD size, current OS?
What is the panic code it shows on the screen?
Is there a reason you are trying to upgrade it to 10.0? That is the oldest Mac OS X out there - and the slowest and buggiest too. I'd say, with that Mac, RAM permitting, 10.4 would be a better choice... or if there is a reason to stay in the ancient OS, in that case, 10.5. But - as said, the less than nice panic code showing on the screen will give more info.
Where did you get the OS disc? What color is it?

There is no more panic code that is all gone, it has OS9 installed on it just like it had originally. The original disk with it is Grey in color but my OSX CD is white with the blue X. 10.0 is the only OSX disk I have at this time. once i get OSC 10.0 on it I will upgrade.
My main focus is to get it to boot up and load the OSX 10.0 software.
Specs are 450MHz Power PC 7400 RAM is 1.0 GB. OS 9 currently installed. 20 GB hard drive.

Back