OSX 10.2 > Problems with ARD & Cursor?

adredd

Registered
Couple of things I noticed after installing 6C115 on a G4/450 with 512 Meg Ram

Apple Remote Desktop quits working? When trying to select it in the preference pane, it crashes the app (not the system). I've tried the update to 1.01 to no avail. What I'm trying to do now is uninstall and then reinstall. Went through the earlier post about removing it in terminal, then reboot. When I try installing it again, it gives messages saying there's a later version installed. Any clues as to how to completely remove and reinstall again?

Also, my cursor is gone. Not actually gone, just half gone, with tiny transparent stripes through it. Figure it must be a Kensington issue they've yet to resolve (I've got a Turbo Mouse...)

TIA

but, i think i read on apple's website that there are compatability issues with a few apps. i distinctly remember remote desktop being one of them. ASM was in the list too. and some others.

hope this helps.

expect some updates to software and an update to mac os x 10.2 soon(er rather than later). and remember that jaguar isn't out yet. i guess we'll be set by saturday. although i don't think adobe will release updates to photoshop, illu and indesign (they're all having a few quirks as stated on http://mac.fryke.com earlier, though nothing severe) that soon...

Right, I figured as much with the updates and all, plus the fact that it hasn't even been released yet. Haven't heard about the ARD problem. Hope they fix it soon, as I use it a lot. And the cursor thing seems really weird. Just thought if anyone knew/heard of any potential workarounds for these problems...

Thanks!

I already posted it..but ehre's how

Open the terminal while logged in as an Admin user, and paste in this text:

sudo ln -s
/System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIServices.framework
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/HIServices.framework

This will allow ARD to run normally on 10.2 without any problems.

Sorry, never saw that thread before; thanks.

But here's what I did that may have screwed things up: downloaded the ARD 1.01 update and ran it; still didn't work. I then uninstalled it using instructions per another thread on removing ARD from terminal. Now when I try to reinstall ARD, it keeps telling me there's a later version already installed.

Is there a good uninstaller package out there somewhere, other than Spring Cleaning?

Thanks!

Back