OSX and Internet Explorer

lwilliams

Registered
In the last few days when I try to start Internet Explorer it just throws and error and opens up the console and log file.
I can use Mozilla fine but a lot of programs call for Internet Explorer. Please help me figure out how to correct this problem and get the Internet Explorer to open when I click on the Icon.
Thanks in advance
Bill

I appreciate that..Where do I get Safari and please tell me how to make it my default browser.
Thanks again in advance.

I found safari Beta 2 to download but now I need to make this browser my default..Please tell me how..Great browser by the way.
Bill

go to safari's preferences, and in the general pane at the very top select safari as the default browser.

I am sorry, I hate answering questions about software X by saying software Y is better, but really, MSIE a useless until you're testing webpages.

You'll discover Safari is just so much better than IE. I recommend you try tabbed browsing, you'll get addicted in a couple of minutes :)

Welcome here, BTW.

I wouldn't trash IE, there are still a number of sites that just don't work with Safari. I use Safari 90% of the time, so IE is needed at times.

Yeah, Safari isn't totally perfect, yet. But for me, Safari works for about 99.9% of the web sites I visit. The rest work fine with Camino (another great browser).

I love using Safari. Theres just a few quirks that dont come out right, however these problems are usually the same on other browsers apart from MSIE (Those problems apply to both Mac and PC browsers)

Surely it wont be too long until Apple have made it perfect.

Still havent Ditched MSIE from the dock yet, however. Its still useful for somethings over Safari.

I had the same problem recently (ie crashing - no suprise). trashing the ie preferences cured the problem.

Back