OSX and Photoshop trouble......help!

severn photo

Registered
I'm a new convert to mac from xp. Here is my dilema. I bought and and running tiger on my G4 dual 450. It's the only operating system it has on it. Now, I don't feel like buying the full version of Photoshop CS or CS2 because i already did that for windows, so i got the upgrade for CS2 and found an old version of 5.5 When i go to load photoshop 5.5 it tells me that i need an OS 9.1 or later system file and it can't load photoshop. Do i need to a). buy OS 9.1 or 9.2 and run that with my tiger.... b) Just spend a ton of Money and buy the whole photoshop CS2?..... or c) Is there something i can do in my current situation? Any help would be appreciated.

brandon

Photoshop 5 was never released for OS X. So yeah, you'd need to either buy OS 9 or a newer version of Photoshop. There are three options:

1. Install OS 9 and run version 5.5 in the Classic environment.
2. Install OS 9, boot into OS 9 and run 5.5 natively.
3. Buy a newer version of Photoshop for OS X (you might be able to get a used copy of version 7 for a reasonable price).

I wouldn't recommend using Classic for heavy-duty apps, personally.

Congrats. You're another person in the 5% of Photoshop users who actually paid for their software who's having a hard time using it.

I'd recommend calling Adobe Support (888-724-4508) before you buy anything else. You're not trying to do anything wrong. Good Luck.

severn photo said:
I'm a new convert to mac from xp. Here is my dilema. I bought and and running tiger on my G4 dual 450. It's the only operating system it has on it. Now, I don't feel like buying the full version of Photoshop CS or CS2 because i already did that for windows, so i got the upgrade for CS2 and found an old version of 5.5 When i go to load photoshop 5.5 it tells me that i need an OS 9.1 or later system file and it can't load photoshop. Do i need to a). buy OS 9.1 or 9.2 and run that with my tiger.... b) Just spend a ton of Money and buy the whole photoshop CS2?..... or c) Is there something i can do in my current situation? Any help would be appreciated.

brandon
Did you try just putting in the Serial Number of the 5.5? This also works from my experience. It doesn't neccessarily have to see the program running although it says it does.

Back