osX on 333mhz imac. CDr's wont mount!

PowermacG4_450

OS X Jaguar
just installed osX 10.2 on a 333mhz imac, and cd'r disc's wont mount!

I hear them spinning, but wont mount. get a error

disk is unrecognized format. or something like that?

what gives?

here is the error.

"You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that macosX can read. To continue with the disk, click ignore. "

Ignore

eject

when I click ignore, nothing happens. disc dont mount.

could it be a driver issue with the cd drive?

where were these cdr's written at? they could have an incompatable volume type.

I've also burned a few coasters on different machines that I didn't notice till I went to use the disk.

Are these blank disks? If they are, check your CDs & DVDs pref pane in System Preferences, and make sure Open FInder is selected for blank CDs.
If they aren't blank, then it's a problem with the system reading them, not a driver issue.

they were blank cds that were burned using toast. and I even burned one using osX in the finder.

they would not mount on imac either way. :(

real confusing. burned cd's on my g4 mount fine.

Another thing to try is using different brands of CD. Maybe your iMac can't deal with Memorex disks but likes Imations, or vice versa.

I have a similar problem too. My CD-RW drive won't mount CD-R nor CD-RW discs, but my built-in CD-ROM drive will. There seems to be an issue with Jaguar and certain CD-R/CD-RW drives, even though they are fully supported as reported in Apple System Profiler. Apple has been notify about this issue. Hopefully they will have a fix out soon.

Another problem people might run into is that CD's that are burnt using Jaguar might not mount at all, in any drives.

Using my Iomega CDRW, I have burned data CDs with Disk Copy, and music and data CDs with Toast. So far they have all turned out fine.
I have heard of people having a lot of trouble with other brands of burners, though. :(

Back