OSX on my Umax S900

AvisNocturna

Registered
Hi,

tried to install OSX PB on my S900. At first, tried to select the cd as an Startup Disk. rebooted, chime and nothing, a black screen.
So i patched system disk to make my S900 believe it is an 8500. rebooted, and wow, it showed up an colored mac an the rotating wheel. But then, i got an error message (kernel panic, memory exeption). I thought it would be the fault of my MP850 graphics card, so i replaced it with my TwinTurbo card, but this time, i got no video signal at all, only a black screen appeared.

My Conf :
S900
Adaptec 2940UW (removed)
MP850 (removed)
TwinTurbo from IMS (4MB)
tried from Yamaha CD-RW (may be the fault, did someone tried off an AppleCD?)
96MB Ram
2x 9.1GB IBM HD (removed, replaced with stock Quantum 2.1GB on FastSCSI on the board)
Phase5 (German Distributor) G3-450/1mb card

Originally posted by AvisNocturna
Hi,

tried to install OSX PB on my S900. At first, tried to select the cd as an Startup Disk. rebooted, chime and nothing, a black screen.
So i patched system disk to make my S900 believe it is an 8500. rebooted, and wow, it showed up an colored mac an the rotating wheel. But then, i got an error message (kernel panic, memory exeption). I thought it would be the fault of my MP850 graphics card, so i replaced it with my TwinTurbo card, but this time, i got no video signal at all, only a black screen appeared.

Only Apple systems are supported by OS X. See http://www.apple.com/macosx/beta/start.html for more info.

-Ali

Back