OSX user logging onto OS 9.2 ASIP 6.3

idesign

Registered
I finally talked my boss into upgrading to OSX Tiger (from 9.2). We have a small local network of about 15 computers, almost all older G3 imacs. The server is a G4 Server running ASIP 6.3, and Filemaker Pro Server.

Yesterday, I bought a G5 imac, 2ghz. For some reason, when I check out the network servers, only a few on the network show up. It sees the main server, but when I try to connect, it gives an error message that the server no longer exists, or is not functional at this time. It does let me connect to a few other computers on the network.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chad Scott
Michael Maiden Studios

OK, so maybe I didn't quite get it figured out. I can connect to other client machines by checking the "allow users to connect via TCP/IP" box in the filesharing control panel on the other client computers running 9.2. But, for whatever reason the main server won't let me connect. The alias shows up on the network, but it gives me the error message that the server may not be operational, etc.....

....any ideas? I've checked the ASIP setup and "Allow clients to connect via TCP" is checked.

Back