OSX & Win2k3 printing

garrido

Registered
Ok, i have come to the conclusion that our Imac can't print documents from internet explorer or microsoft word. It will only print successfuly from Apple works! whats up with this!

I have a win2k3 server with the apple talk protocal installed along with print sharring for mac. the only task i have this server doing is printing.

The error i receive from printed IE sites and MSword docs...

%%{error: underfined; Offendingcommand:rectclip ]%%
%%[flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%%

i already have double checked -->administrative tools, services, tcpip sharring (whatever it says) this option is on auto by default. I have also tried using Ip addresses, although this option wouldn't suit this situation because i have more than one printer at the server. please help me out and others with the same issue.
thanks in advance
Joe*

If you are using Mac OS X 10.2 and greater, you already have SMB support built in which means you can access printers shared to Windows computers. When you go to add the printer, select Windows Printer Sharing (I believe it's called that or something similar) and all the SMB-shared printers on your network should show up.

Is there nothing else i can do to make this work? i don't have the funds to upgrade the company computer yet...3rd party? oh well, ill just wait a few weeks...
thx for the info

Back